Sunday, February 6, 2011

playing god

you want me to do what?
kicked my butt, spitted me from the gut
wiped my smut
but, U angered my heart
how could U forgive ninevite crut?

U should have spurned and burned evil
they should have been obliterated in Your fury swivel
i am stumped, U averted holy trump
i am grump, there's no point living, U prevailed and i am dumb crumb 

anger, like worms
eats away the gourd of my terms
how dare i, to play god and desire to die
what a trap and lie
Your grace and mercy to complain, accuse and defy

it is me who should repent
instead of Your compassion upon sinners resent 
i am jonah mad 
to hurl at my maker and Dad
so i'd rather insignificantly die
as though it'll erase my significant sinful dye

o what satanic logic i've narcisstically applied
to limit God who gives life to me graciously supplied

who am i kidding? why am i bidding? 
doing it my way is not succeeding
results in only pride and rage bleeding
what's the point of speeding
without divine heeding

an infested gourd wake-up call needling
the God-placed seedling

i have been out-of-line
forgive me, pull me out of self-centered slime
let me sup and dine with the Vine
who am i to nickel and dime

don't let defiance and anger retard spiritual growth
let Your love and grace nurture my worth
job's right - You giveth and taketh
without God, i nothing worthy of Your glory maketh

all else is vain
a doomed soul brings no gain
Lord, deliver me from self-inflicted pain

arguing with God over a gourd tree
o God, set me free
get me off blasphemy spree
hurl me into obeying Thy decree 
through jonah's strife U show it's foolhardy god to be

drawing on right is from wiki commons

proverbs 25:28
he that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.

ephesians 4:27
be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: neither give place to the devil.

ecclesiastes 7:9
be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.

No comments:

Post a Comment