Tuesday, September 28, 2010

habakkuk nook

"oh sing to the Lord a new song... 
...for He is coming to judge the earth. 
He shall judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with His truth." 

Michelangelo's Last Judgment from wiki commons 



so here i am...You brought me to this nook
You provided me time, health, mentors, habakkuk book  
what lectio divina food to cook?

open my eyes to see, not just look
filter out worldy din so i harken Thy babbling brook
intake fruitscent, taste Thy goodness and holiness, touch in love to spook

o God, i am weak but Thou art strong
it's hard to live in a world gone wrong
it's easy to substitute You with false gods 
and worship decaying sods

i place at Your feet, the idols of what we desire to be
smash them, release the design in us that You decree
remove doubts, darkness and delusion
reign in our fears, refrain us from evil collusion

help me stay upright in but not of world of babylonians
Thou art the only God to revere and fear, tame my bohemians

people write to me, i only have you to write
but You already know my woes and might
i do not need to be uptight and right

o God, let me not lose sight
that You formed me for your delight
direct my nostrils to smell Your perfume instead of hellish stench
control my heart, head and hands that i feel Your touch and taste the fruits of Your ranch
hear me God, be each other's iTune 
unplug my ears to listen in You  

that's my mew on Thy pew
thank you Lord, my spirit to renew.

No comments:

Post a Comment